The government banned radio and television ads for cigarettes in 1970. Ads for smokeless tobacco were later banned in 1986. E-cigarettes are smoke-free electronic products that turn nicotine and other chemicals into vapor inhaled by the user. They’ve been pitched as an alternative to tobacco for long-time smokers, and are seen as a promising new revenue stream by some of the country’s largest cigarette producers.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/11/news/companies/e-cigarette-tv/index.html
Sherman man’s e-cigarette explodes while charging
But national, state and local agencies and Richard Godfrey, executive director of Rhode Island Housing urged Chafee to veto the bill, saying it would scare off investors and jeopardize current and future affordable housing projects. Approved on an unusually close 27-to-25 House vote, the bill was also the subject of a heated debate the final night of the session between Rep. Jeremiah OGrady, who is a real estate project manager for the Olneyville Housing Corporation and Baldelli-Hunt.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20130717-r.i.-governor-chafee-vetoes-e-cigarette-ban-for-those-under-18.ece
R.I. Governor Chafee vetoes e-cigarette ban for those under 18
Just last month, a Tulsa man charging his e-cigarette the same way, says the device started a fire. One dealer says he discourages people from using anything but the wall charger. “A lot of people do it, a lot of people have zero problems, but do you want to take that chance?” Jeff Barnard said. “There wasn’t anything that said how long to charge it. There wasn’t any warnings.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/E-cigarette-explodes-in-Texoma-mans-home-215771641.html